Strong academics, little research experience...

Okay, so I am in the process of researching programs and getting my applications together. I am planning on applying for a PhD in Social Work or Sociology (depending on the program or the fit) and I have NO IDEA whether I am competitive or not. I did really well academically in my undergrad and in my master's program (I have an MSW), but I have little research experience to speak of. I am wondering if someone can give me an idea of what kinds of programs I need to look at, and whether the Ivy league is completely out of reach for me.

My stats:

Cumulative Undergrad GPA: 3.8 at a mid-sized state school

Major and Minor Undergrad GPA: 4.0

Graduated Magna Cum Laude and with University Honors. I completed an honors thesis my senior year and presented it at the university honors conference. This was an independent research project, but was not related to my major at all.

I have 4 research and statistics classes under my belt (got As in all of them), one of which included designing and implementing a research project (I have a feeling this doesn't count as real research experience, but it's all I have).

I was very involved in undergrad so I was also the Undergraduate Student Government Secretary and the senator for the Arts and Sciences college (not sure if this matters for anything).

Graduate GPA: 3.8 at a top 10 program in my field

GRE Scores Quant: 155, Verbal: 162, Writing: 4.5 (I'm planning on retaking over the summer to try to get my quant over 160, and I'd like to get my writing score up).

Since graduating with my MSW I have been in direct clinical practice working with individuals with substance use disorders. In my current job I was responsible for creating a school-based substance abuse program and am now implementing that program. My research interests include adolescents, adolescent health, sexual behavior, and substance abuse. I know I will have strong recommendations (two former professors and my undergrad honors thesis advisor, who was a dean at my school) and I can write a good SOP. Can anyone give me an idea of how much my lack of real research experience will hurt me? Be brutal.

It will hurt you, particularly depending on what you want to study. There's also probably not much you can do about it unless you plan to try to get a job as a RA.

Here's my real question: why do you care about the Ivy League schools? Your priority should be on finding schools which are a good fit for your research interests, not choosing schools based on their membership in an athletic conference.