Very confused....

hl348

so I called the department to find out whether or not they have released the result yet and heard that they sent out mails of decisions yesterday and cant tell me the result via email.

I havent heard anything from them via email.. does it mean that I am out this year? or in??

I searched to see how applicants to the same program as mine from previous years had been notified. One of them got rejection via email and the other got a phone call from a professor who said that he/she is very welcome to the program.. but no mention that the latter had heard the result via email.

Getting very nervous... im gonna get ther result in any minute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but what do you think????? is this -- having heard nothing via email yet and getting the result in mail soon -- a bad omen usually? or a positive sign???? FYI; I applied to master's program in Africana studies at Cornell. anyone knows about this dept's trend? any info and thoughts are welcome! Also, good luck to you guys who are still in the middle of haziness and nervousness...

Edited by hl348

This might sound dumb, but I have heard about people getting decision emails and them getting stuck in their spam folder. Have you checked there?

Best of luck!

yes I do check the spam folder for the reason you just explained. but no emails from the dept.... *sigh

Thank you anyways!! Best of luck to you too!!! :)

Check your home mailbox! It might take a day or two, but when I read what you wrote, looks like they sent out postal mail, and that's why they won't tell you. Best of luck! Also, if you don't get anything one way or another during the next week, email or call them back. Things do get lost in the mail from time to time.