Historians of Stuart England?

AGingeryGinger

Hi!

So i was recently accepted, and accepted the offer, for a PhD at Purdue University to study under Melinda Zook. 

My background is currently in the English Reformation and does not extend much into the Stuart period. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good historiography written on the stuart period. Dr. Zook's focus is on Anglicanism, and as far as i know she is one of the few that specifically focuses on religion in this period. What is the current list of Stuart Historians that are active?

My focus is mainly on Tudor/Stuart Religion, i.e. Anglicanism, so my interest lies heavily with religion. 

As with Tudor history, i know that there are many who are in Oxbridge, with a small scattering around the United States. However I am not as familiar with the Stuart period historians.

Thank you!

Edited by AGingeryGinger

I think that it something you can ask your (new) adviser!  If you are going to be doing independent studies with  her, you will definitely get grounding in the historiography in your first year.  Ask her current students for their PhD exam reading lists.