Financial aid emails before receiving a decision

gr4vity

Hi everyone,

This is probably a dumb question but here goes: I have yet to hear back from Simmons (they do rolling admission and I applied almost 3 weeks ago so I am not too worried) but I got a letter in the mail asking me to fill out an additional financial aid form. I filled out the FAFSA but I overlooked the Simmons form. I sent that in today, but my question is, is this any kind of positive indication? Why would they be calculating financial aid if I was not going to get in?

Again, I understand that they need all the forms anyway but I am just wondering what other people think.

Hi everyone,

This is probably a dumb question but here goes: I have yet to hear back from Simmons (they do rolling admission and I applied almost 3 weeks ago so I am not too worried) but I got a letter in the mail asking me to fill out an additional financial aid form. I filled out the FAFSA but I overlooked the Simmons form. I sent that in today, but my question is, is this any kind of positive indication? Why would they be calculating financial aid if I was not going to get in?

Again, I understand that they need all the forms anyway but I am just wondering what other people think.

Hey gr4vity,

Graduate schools are weird.

Last year when I didn't get accepted into a college I applied to, they kept sending these nagging reminder emails about completing their financial aid, etc etc. Ultimately, I didn't get accepted, but for some programs, if you do get accepted, it's good to have your stuff completed because you could receive priority for funding/scholarships/and the like.

So, it's certainly not an indication of admission, but it won't hurt in case you do get admitted.

Best of luck!