-Coursework or faculty : MSU Ed Policy OR Peabody CRA?

sarkat

Seriously confused here. I have very competitive funding at MSU and Peabody. MSU coursework isn't best suited for me - it is quite quant and econ heavy - but my advisor is amazing and really well known in the field and in my home country. Community Research and Action coursework is AMAZING and very much in line with my interests and faculty interests align but I wouldn't have as much support to research in home country. HELP?

How much support do you need to research in your home country? Would you be able to have a faculty member from MSU on your committee if you went to Peabody? Are there any faculty at Vanderbilt (outside of Peabody) who would be able to help you do research in your home country?

I would think about which option you will be happier with and which option will best set you up for success. Think about things you can access even if you aren’t attending a school (e.g. connections) vs things you can’t (advisorship, certain classes).