The Phone Call vs. The Email/Letter

formerlyme

Hello!

I wanted to get people's opinion on what happens after you get the phone call letting you know of acceptance.

I received a call last week from one of the schools letting me know that I'm being offered admissions. I was told that an Open House was scheduled for two weeks from now for those who'd been offered admissions to come see the school. The director informed me that an email would be sent out soon with further details.

Since the call, I've not yet received further emails or any snail mail letter as follow up. Should I be contacting the school again to see about this?

I don't think there's any reason to hesitate. I've been in touch with the Graduate Chair at my new prospective department about funding questions, among other things, and she's been extremely magnanimous and helpful.

Not like they're gonna be all "OH-HO A LITTLE OVEREAGER, ARE WE? WE HEREBY RESCIND YOUR ACCEPTANCE, IMPUDENT WHELP"

Edited by Glanton

I don't think there's any reason to hesitate. I've been in touch with the Graduate Chair at my new prospective department about funding questions, among other things, and she's been extremely magnanimous and helpful.

Not like they're gonna be all "OH-HO A LITTLE OVEREAGER, ARE WE? WE HEREBY RESCIND YOUR ACCEPTANCE, IMPUDENT WHELP"

That's a good point. Thank you!

I emailed the director as I did have an actual question anyway so hopefully i'll have something on paper that at least suggests I'm not making things or up or that I'd imagined the phone call (stress of applying and all breaking my brain).