Jump to content

BU vs UW-Seattle


Chickens

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

I'm in a bit of a conundrum in terms of picking which program to go to. I got accepted to both Boston University and the University of Washington - Seattle for the 2 year day program. My biggest issue is that BU wants me to notify them by April 9th, but I won't be visiting UW until April 11th.

The cost of both programs will be just about equal to each other. I'm in Boston now but am not opposed to moving across the country again (grew up in California).

I don't know too much about UW, but am curious about it because of its high rankings (#5 vs BU's #10 via US News) and proximity to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (I'm going for a dual MSW/MPH). I asked for an extension to notify BU but they declined my request. I really hate the idea of declining my offer at BU in favor of UW before seeing the school and exploring the program.

My interest is clinical, and I want to explore medical social work and also mental health.

I've had a great experience working with BU SSW (current BU undergrad), but their rigidness in me notifying them so soon (I got accepted on the 21st) is a bit off-putting and I don't know what to do! Any input on both programs would be so so greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! I’m going to UW’s program. I’m a transfer from Pitt & I chose UW because of the reputation (& all my friends are in Seattle. I did my undergrad there).  

 

At the the end of the day, I don’t think rankings should determine where you go, but rather where you’ll be happy. You can always put down a deposit for BU and then decide later. I had to do that since UW didn’t release acceptances until later /:

Edited by leah371
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, leah371 said:

Hey! I’m going to UW’s program. I’m a transfer from Pitt & I chose UW because of the reputation (& all my friends are in Seattle. I did my undergrad there).  

 

At the the end of the day, I don’t think rankings should determine where you go, but rather where you’ll be happy. You can always put down a deposit for BU and then decide later. I had to do that since UW didn’t release acceptances until later /:

I don’t know anything about UW but that’s what I would do, if you’re able. It’s ridiculous that BU gave you less than three weeks to decide, though. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah it’s very very frustrating!

I don’t know too much about UW’s program or Seattle in general but I’ve heard really great things. It’s also a great opportunity to see another part of the US.

BU’s deposit is $300 which is a lot for me to risk throwing away if I end up choosing UW. :(:( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chickens said:

Yeah it’s very very frustrating!

I don’t know too much about UW’s program or Seattle in general but I’ve heard really great things. It’s also a great opportunity to see another part of the US.

BU’s deposit is $300 which is a lot for me to risk throwing away if I end up choosing UW. :(:( 

If it makes you feel any better I threw away 600$ on other deposits while waiting for uw. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.