University of Michigan Ann Arbor Mechanical Engineering

MMM21

So I applied for a PhD in mechanical engineering but I didn't hear anything yet and I am starting to get worried. Is it too late for me now or is the admissions that late in returning to their applicants? :S

2 hours ago, ProbeIke said:

Yeah I haven't heard anything back I'd say it's safe to assume that it will not be an option for either of us. Rip (Their visit date was back in mid-February)

well damn X) I really hoped they were just late at getting back to people

1 hour ago, Charlie Moon said:

Have you checked the admimssion portal ? I am in a different field but this University never bothered to send an email to us and we found out by looking at the website

Yup but nothing is there

I think the visitor's weekend was just two weeks ago.  My son was up there for aerospace engineering and they met in a big auditorium on Saturday with candidates from other engineering colleges.  

16 hours ago, Beaudreau said:

I think the visitor's weekend was just two weeks ago.  My son was up there for aerospace engineering and they met in a big auditorium on Saturday with candidates from other engineering colleges.  

but how come I still see people getting accepted in the previous week in the results here?

I can't speak for ME but for stats it seems that they keep an "unofficial" waiting list.  Several rounds of acceptances and rejections have already gone out and yet several people still haven't heard anything.  It seems like that could be what is what is going on in your department too... So not hearing anything probably means you still have a chance! 

There were four visitors with offers from the AE Professor that my son will study under.  When he was in Ann Arbor, my son and one other were sure that Michigan was for them.  Two were not certain.  If they don't go to Michigan, that could free up an offer for another applicant on a waiting list.  Or maybe not; my son's PI usually takes about two students a year, so he may figure on offering four to get two.  Just speculating.

Edited by Beaudreau