I know they are busy around this time of year, but every other email communique with them has been responded to within hours (last semester--really small program).

I'm probably just spoiled by their earlier attention.

Bottom line: I don't want to continue working as a pt clerk (not to mention I'm not sure how I'm going to pay my UG and G loans on that salary).

It's just difficult to focus on anything when waiting on a decision that could affect the next 5 years of your life. I'm also down because of a grad school article I read that called students who got accepted to multiple programs "superstars" while I'm clinging to a single wait list.

or they're just super busy (most likely the case).

if you don't hear back after a total of 7 days ping them again (maybe call this time?)

Send a plant. (I'm not kidding.) Get a cheap one from 1-800-Flowers and send it to the DGS. Then they HAVE to acknowledge you...someone has to sign for the flowers. Say something clever that's not pushy.

And if they don't return your calls or emails in a week, they don't deserve you. Spring break ain't forever.

How long does it take to respond to a wait list status update email? It's been three days. I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I think there are a couple possibilities as to what's going on, but I don't think most of them are good:

1. email was lost

2. program administrator forwarded the email to someone without giving notification of receipt

3. ignoring me

Blah! :huh:

Check and see when they're on spring break-- not that that excuses leaving people on pins and needles. They like you a lot obviously, they don't want to piss you off. You never want to piss off your backup plan.

Send a plant. (I'm not kidding.) Get a cheap one from 1-800-Flowers and send it to the DGS. Then they HAVE to acknowledge you...someone has to sign for the flowers. Say something clever that's not pushy.

And if they don't return your calls or emails in a week, they don't deserve you. Spring break ain't forever.

Honestly, I'd really advise against this idea. I'm all for being persistent, but I think that it could be a really bad move for a waitlistee to send anything that might be perceived as a gift (or bribe). Sending a plant actually is a very clever plan, but I think it could come off all sorts of wrong in this kind of scenario.