Decline Offers for Waitlisted Applicants?

PeteHuang

The application season will come to an end in less than three weeks, and departments are sending off offers for applicants on the waitlist.

So if you have made the decision, this might be time you could help the waitlisted applicants by declining the other offers. 

Maybe in this thread, we could share what programs we are waiting to hear from, or the offers we declined.

It is very nice to have this community throughout the application season, and best wishes to you all!

9 hours ago, socjurn said:

Hi all! I am waitlisted at JHU and it is my top choice. Please decline if you are not going to accept the offer.

Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed!

I am on the waitlists of UC Irvine and IU Bloomington. Both match my interests well, and I will definitely accept it if either extends an offer.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, PeteHuang said:

Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed!

I am on the waitlists of UC Irvine and IU Bloomington. Both match my interests well, and I will definitely accept it if either extends an offer.

I've declined UCI's offer – fingers crossed for you!

15 hours ago, ElaineX said:

Do you check your status for UCI via portal or do they send you an email? Thanks.

I learned that I was waitlisted by emailing the professor who interviewed me. But I haven't heard from the graduate affair office since I emailed them a few days ago.