Middle Eastern Studies

I applied only to MA programs.

Rejected: UT Austin, UC Berkeley, Princeton (assumed, no invite to short-list weekend)

Accepted: UW Seattle NELC (I think with no funding), U Chicago with half tuition

Waiting: Michigan, NYU, Columbia.

UW and Chicago were my top choices so I am trying to figure out what to do next.

What about you? Were you the person waiting for UT?

I applied only to MA programs.

Rejected: UT Austin, UC Berkeley, Princeton (assumed, no invite to short-list weekend)

Accepted: UW Seattle NELC (I think with no funding), U Chicago with half tuition

Waiting: Michigan, NYU, Columbia.

UW and Chicago were my top choices so I am trying to figure out what to do next.

What about you? Were you the person waiting for UT?

Accepted: UT-Austin, Illinois

Waiting: Indiana, NYU, Georgetown, Harvard, Michigan.

No funding for Austin, still waiting on FLAS status for Illinois.

Rejected: Berkeley, Yale, Princeton

Waiting: Columbia, NYU, U Chicago

I'm worried since it seems everyone's heard from Chicago, including acceptances, rejections, and even being waitlisted. I haven't heard a word from them. Should I contact them or just keep waiting? (I'm not in a rush since I haven't heard from the other schools yet either).

Sibil, during my obsessive viewing of previous year's grad cafe results, i remember noting that people heard from Chicago over a period of about three weeks, with the latest date being March21. Their website also seems pretty stern on the subject of giving out results over phone/email "We will never, ever, ever do this," or something to that effect, so I would give it a little longer.

I hope you get good news!