UT Knoxville decision deadline

capshaw

Anyone know when decisions will be made for UT Knoxville? I applied to the Social Work program and my application was received Jan 28, but I've not heard anything about acceptance/rejection...

Also, if anyone knows how competitive the social work program at UT is, please share! I haven't been able to find much info online and it's frustrating.

Thanks!

I'd try to contact them and check. Most of the time I'd just say they probably haven't made a decision on you, but UT has a propensity for administrative and clerical errors in relation to a bevy of things (financial aid, admissions decisions, class scheduling etc.). Once you're enrolled there, you will come to know it, along with tens of thousands of other Vols, as the "Big Orange Screw". With that being said, Tennessee is an excellent school with great professors and and amazing research opportunities (their library is WONDERFUL!). Plus, Knoxville is an extremely fun town, and Volunteer sporting events are some of the most fun you will ever have (or so I hear). But yeah, back to my original point, I'd just call them up and ask when they expect to notify people of decisions; you don't even have to give them your name if you're worried about seeming overeager.

Good luck!