CGS-M CIHR (3 dates????)

cw2lu4

Hi all,

I have been offered a CIHR CGS-M award at my institution. When I went to click "Accept" for my offer, they gave me a choice of 3 date (may 1, 2018, another date in 2018, and another date in 2019). I'm half asleep right now but I clicked the may 1, 2018 and now I'm freaking out because I'm still currently under another scholarship that goes until August 31, 2018. My institution will only allow me to hold one scholarship at a time. Am I screwed? 

3 hours ago, cw2lu4 said:

Hi all,

I have been offered a CIHR CGS-M award at my institution. When I went to click "Accept" for my offer, they gave me a choice of 3 date (may 1, 2018, another date in 2018, and another date in 2019). I'm half asleep right now but I clicked the may 1, 2018 and now I'm freaking out because I'm still currently under another scholarship that goes until August 31, 2018. My institution will only allow me to hold one scholarship at a time. Am I screwed? 

when does your other scholarship end? curious because this may apply to me too.

45 minutes ago, cw2lu4 said:

I will contact them first thing Monday. I'm just afraid they might take it away.

might still be close on Monday...Easter Monday

also they won't take it away for that 

7 minutes ago, cw2lu4 said:

August 31, 2018. It goes for 3 semesters and I started my program in September. 

okay my award ends May 1st. Seems like its easy to change:

http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Guides-Guides/TriRTA-TriBFR_eng.asp#changes

Change of Start Date

Before commencing the award, the award recipient may request to change the start date to any other start date available to award recipients for that funding opportunity. To request an available start date other than the one selected at the time of application, send an email to the appropriate program contact.

13 minutes ago, PsychBoy said:

might still be close on Monday...Easter Monday

also they won't take it away for that 

12 minutes ago, lovelife905 said:

okay my award ends May 1st. Seems like its easy to change:

http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Guides-Guides/TriRTA-TriBFR_eng.asp#changes

Change of Start Date

Before commencing the award, the award recipient may request to change the start date to any other start date available to award recipients for that funding opportunity. To request an available start date other than the one selected at the time of application, send an email to the appropriate program contact.

THANK YOU BOTH!!!! :)