About last year, to make things clear:
- We were supposed to know on March 30 and then the Vanier website said "early April". The results came out on April 5 around lunchtime.
- We got an email saying the portal had been updated. You won't know if you won in that email. HOWEVER, if on ResearchNet you have a second line to click that says something like "View offer", then I believe it means you got it (or else there is no offer; only a "results" line to click...something like that).
- Your institution will know at the same time as you--so don't worry if you see the dean or your advisor in the hallway lol
- For the regular SSHRC award, your institution knows BEFORE you, because they email them at the same time as they send the letters by mail. Email your award coordinator and they'll let you know if you got it
- Regarding the tweet about a scholarship...it was a SSHRC MASTER'S CGS (results are out April 1 at midnight). The prof said it was a "doctoral" award but they got it wrong.
let me know if you have more questions and GOOD LUCK!!