American SIS

Ashlee

Has anyone heard anything from American SIS about when they may start sending offers? It seems like last year that they only sent them by snail mail, is that likely to be the case this year too? Anyone know? I applied for International Development there.

1267801484' post=125273]

Has anyone heard anything from American SIS about when they may start sending offers? It seems like last year that they only sent them by snail mail, is that likely to be the case this year too? Anyone know? I applied for International Development there.

Ashlee,

I also applied to the Int'l Dev. program at American's SIS. No word, yet. Below are the other ID programs I've applied to, only heard from Korbel:

SIPA

Elliott School (GWU)

Georgetown MSFS

Vanderbilt GPED

San Francisco

I don't know where you are getting your information, but I hope you are right. I found this on the SIS website...

When will I hear from the admissions committee?

If your file was complete by the deadline, you should hear from us in early to mid-April. Otherwise, you will hear from us on a rolling basis.

I guess if you submitted your app early, you might hear early as well.

I don't know where you are getting your information, but I hope you are right. I found this on the SIS website...

When will I hear from the admissions committee?

If your file was complete by the deadline, you should hear from us in early to mid-April. Otherwise, you will hear from us on a rolling basis.

I guess if you submitted your app early, you might hear early as well.

I also saw the same thing under their FAQ. Mid-April is not a whole lot of time to make a decision. :-/

I also saw the same thing under their FAQ. Mid-April is not a whole lot of time to make a decision. :-/

A friend of mine is a first year at SIS right now, and he told me he received his admission during the second week of April last year. Hopefully it will be sooner this year...

I just got this from admissions:

Thank you for your email and your patience as we process applications. We anticipate sending decisions out in the next few weeks. You can count on having your decision by the beginning of April. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Beginning of April seems awfully late. Of course that's just the latest we will receive our decision, and it could come sooner.

I got my acceptance letter from SIS yesterday (US Foreign Policy program) so hopefully everyone else waiting will get the letters soon too.

Congrats, that's great! :) I just got mine today- for the International Peace & Conflict Resolution program. I wish the other DC schools would start sending their decisions too- all I've gotten from Elliott has been stuff about them being closed because of the snow and then today something about checking to see if my name was spelled correctly- are you kidding?! haha I haven't heard anything from SAIS or MSFS yet but I guess it's still early...

Way to go! Congrats! I hope I'm as lucky. Would you mind feeding the general OCD of this community-in-waiting and give more info about your letter (ie. how/when did you receive it, when you applied, funding, maybe a little about yourselves)? I submitted my app the first week in January. I hope the rolling admissions calls my number soon.

Way to go! Congrats! I hope I'm as lucky. Would you mind feeding the general OCD of this community-in-waiting and give more info about your letter (ie. how/when did you receive it, when you applied, funding, maybe a little about yourselves)? I submitted my app the first week in January. I hope the rolling admissions calls my number soon.

lol of course, considering I was just on the other side of that equation! I got the big envelope in the mail today- and I applied sometime in January as well. Honestly, I was nervous to be applying to grad school this year since every program is so adamant about work experience, and I don't have much of it (less than a year as a research assistant). I graduated last year from a top national university (I think it's ranked somewhere around 10-13) with a strong GPA (nothing too crazy). I was involved in several clubs and outside activities, and scored over 1400 on the GRE. So for all of you that are young and applying there's definitely hope!! :) Best of luck to all of you! :)

edit: oops forgot to add in about funding- I somehow got some award which covers 18 credits of tuition remission and a stipend as well, if I work 20 hours/week- definitely did not expect to get any money so it's definitely a good option!

Edited by RunnINcircles

I've been looking at some of the other threads on here, and have seen quite a number of admitted applicants to SIS. Is anyone else still waiting to hear from them?

Yes - I am still waiting. I applied to the NRSD dual program though, and the application also has to be reviewed by UPEACE in Costa Rica ... not sure how that will affect timing.

Yes - I am still waiting. I applied to the NRSD dual program though, and the application also has to be reviewed by UPEACE in Costa Rica ... not sure how that will affect timing.

Don't worry...I still haven't received anything either. I've applied for the Comparative and Regional Studies program. Hoping to hear back from them by Monday.

I think most of the American U admits on the boards so far are for policy, not for SIS? It sounds like they've started sending them out though... wonder how long it will take to get sent to my parents place in regional Australia... can't believe its snail mail only!

Don't worry...I still haven't received anything either. I've applied for the Comparative and Regional Studies program. Hoping to hear back from them by Monday.

Is hearing from them by Monday wishful thinking, or have you insider information? :)

And thanks guys, it's good to know we're all in the same boat! :)!

Is hearing from them by Monday wishful thinking, or have you insider information? :)

And thanks guys, it's good to know we're all in the same boat! :)!

No insider info, just wishful thinking. I'm leaving the country for 7 days starting Tuesday, so I was just hoping to hear back from some schools before leaving. I don't plan on checking admissions decisions while abroad because it's a vacation, and I don't want to ruin it by stressing over grad school decisions too much.

I got it! Over the moon excited! I actually had a dream last night that my acceptance letter arrived in the form of a video cassette. I, of course, not having a VCR in a decade tried frantically to find someone in my apartment complex that did. Haha!

I applied to the MIA Regional Europe program. I did not find any information concerning any scholarships or financial awards in my package, so I assume that I was not awarded anything. Correct?

Best of luck!

Has anyone been rejected by SIS yet? I'm wondering because it looks like everyone has already received admittances from them, and I haven't gotten ANYTHING (positive or negative) in the mail all week. I've gotten acceptances to two other places and this is my last one I'm waiting for... sigh. Guess I'll have to call them on Monday. I'm just curious if anyone else is still waiting, too?

Has anyone been rejected by SIS yet? I'm wondering because it looks like everyone has already received admittances from them, and I haven't gotten ANYTHING (positive or negative) in the mail all week. I've gotten acceptances to two other places and this is my last one I'm waiting for... sigh. Guess I'll have to call them on Monday. I'm just curious if anyone else is still waiting, too?

I'm in the same boat as you BonAppetit. Very frustrating.