American SIS

Ashlee

Same here. I emailed them Friday morning and did not hear back. I'd also like to know if they rejected anyone last week.

I received an acceptance from them pretty early (March 15) with funding information included in the same packet-- Dean's Award (2/3 fellowship). I bet they are sending out the acceptances with funding offers first and then will send out more acceptances once they hear back one way or the other from some people who received funding? Just a guess

Still waiting to hear back from SIS. Definitely fighting the urge to email the person I met with in the admissions department a few months ago. Literally ran to the mailbox after I heard the mailman come today. I don't think I cared this much about undergrad admissions. I feel like a retard. I think once I get in somewhere (if? hopefully?) I won't be as stressed. At this point, I'm riding the waiting list wave at two schools.

I still haven't heard... I emailed them asking if it was possible to get a decision via email, because I'm unsure how long it will take for the letter to reach my parent's place in regional Australia, and I'm in Indonesia at the moment, and someone wrote back saying I could request one, but it was unlikely to be any faster than post for someone to get back to me...

This is the only school that I feel like I have any chance with left in the States :( I really hope it's a big letter and not a small one...

I still haven't heard... I emailed them asking if it was possible to get a decision via email, because I'm unsure how long it will take for the letter to reach my parent's place in regional Australia, and I'm in Indonesia at the moment, and someone wrote back saying I could request one, but it was unlikely to be any faster than post for someone to get back to me...

This is the only school that I feel like I have any chance with left in the States sad.gif I really hope it's a big letter and not a small one...

I hear ya. I've heard back from the other two schools I've applied to, and one has already offered me a financial aid package, so I would like to get moving on the decision-making portion of this now.. and I can't until I hear one way or the other from American. I think I'm going to try to email them, too, and see what happens, although it looks like you guys haven't had much luck with that so far...

I just received my acceptance today (hurray!) as a package in the mail. The letter was dated March 8th, so it's been awhile since it was written. I live in Texas, so I'm guessing that might partly explain what took so long.

There wasn't any mention of scholarship in the packet for me, so I'm guessing that means nothing? I might call just to verify.

Wow, if it took 2 weeks to get to Texas, I wonder how long it will take to arrive in Brazil... Plus, I don't want to email them and jinx it (yeah, from the results page you can see that most people who sent emails asking for their status were rejected ohmy.gif )

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Got my (small) envelope in the mail today. Wait list. Nice, extremely short letter from Director of Grad. Admissions. Does anybody have any idea how many people are on the wait list? It would be nice to know if I have some chance in hell of making it in off the list.

Got my acceptance today as well! Currently living in Asia so for those overseas, I'm guessing you should be getting your letters soon. One of the green flyers says that merit-based funding is given upon notification of admission. Does that mean I find out after I send in my acceptance letter?

Could somebody let me know?

Got my acceptance today as well! Currently living in Asia so for those overseas, I'm guessing you should be getting your letters soon. One of the green flyers says that merit-based funding is given upon notification of admission. Does that mean I find out after I send in my acceptance letter?

Could somebody let me know?

Notification of admission would be whenever you receive your packet telling you you got in. It seems that most people that have gotten funding received information on that along with their letter of admission.

I'm going home tomorrow, so I'll finally be able to check my packet out.

Waitlisted.

I have no idea how to react. Curious, how many people from waitlists actually get in, and why do schools waitlist if they overaccept anyway?

Even though every school has a formula for how many will accept its offer of admission, it's impossible to truly know how many people will decide to go, especially in the current economic climate. If they admit 400 people with a target enrollment of 200 (hypothetical), it still might be possible that there are 250 people that are unable to go for financial or other reasons. Hence, the wait list. I don't know that there is really a trend as to how many people get into a school off of the wait list; I'd imagine it varies year to year.

Any of you admitted students going to the Open House event on April 12th? I'm thinking about it but will have to find an affordable plane ticket first. If I go, I just want to make sure it's worth it and all. Anyone know what these events are like?

So, after emailing them last week and asking why I hadn't heard anything, I received a response asking to make sure my address was correct in their records. Then, a few hours later, I got an email inviting me to the open house, so I'm assuming I'm accepted? :)

I'm not going to be able to make it to DC for the open house, but I'm planning to go to the event in NYC on April 6.

So, after emailing them last week and asking why I hadn't heard anything, I received a response asking to make sure my address was correct in their records. Then, a few hours later, I got an email inviting me to the open house, so I'm assuming I'm accepted? :)

I'm not going to be able to make it to DC for the open house, but I'm planning to go to the event in NYC on April 6.

I still haven't received an email regarding the Open House...I know I'm accepted, so I just assume it's coming soon. Hope so, because I'd like to try and make it.

Hey guys --

I actually called Office of Admissions wanting to know more information about the Grad Day on April 12th, as I would have to fly to get there. They asked me if I received an invitation with the admissions packet, and I said "no." So, they gave me a website address to register for the event. On the phone, they mentioned we should register by April 1st. So, if you haven't received anything regarding the open house, I'd definitely give them a call.

CNREVES --> They mentioned that the day would begin about 8:30am and end around 6pm. Some activities that are on the itinerary: chance to meet with faculty members, financial aid, advisors, career services, current students, and information on study abroad programs. There might be more, but that's the information the woman on the phone passed along.

Edited by DeepShadeofBlue

I still have not heard anything and I need to make some other life decisions soon. Still waiting on SIS and NYU Wagner...

I haven't heard anything either. In their application complete email they say the decisions can go out as late as early April. Still though, I sent them an email today just in case. There the last school I need to hear from.

After sending them another email saying I really needed to know my decision for work reasons, they emailed me my acceptance letter :) Yay! The admitted students days start on April 11, so everyone should find out soon...

But there was no mention of financial aid in the letter they emailed to me, which means I don't know if I can go. It's just so much money, especially with the costs of relocating from overseas... and there's no student loans system in Australia unless you go to university in Australia, so would have to take private loans that I would need to start paying back immediately. Really not sure what to do.... I'm waiting to hear back from SOAS in London, which is only 1 year so cheaper, and have been accepted into the Australian National University.

Anyway. It's nice to be accepted, and congrats to others.

After sending them another email saying I really needed to know my decision for work reasons, they emailed me my acceptance letter :) Yay! The admitted students days start on April 11, so everyone should find out soon...

But there was no mention of financial aid in the letter they emailed to me, which means I don't know if I can go. It's just so much money, especially with the costs of relocating from overseas... and there's no student loans system in Australia unless you go to university in Australia, so would have to take private loans that I would need to start paying back immediately. Really not sure what to do.... I'm waiting to hear back from SOAS in London, which is only 1 year so cheaper, and have been accepted into the Australian National University.

Anyway. It's nice to be accepted, and congrats to others.

Congratulations!

Wow, I still haven't gotten my decision. If I don't get it by Tuesday I'm going to send them another email. Some of my schools have decision deadlines in two week.s