Inquiry about I-20

Ascaris

Question

Do I still need to submit a certificate of finance before my I-20 is issued? I got a tuition waiver and a yearly stipend that covers the cost of the program. 

I accepted the admission offer about 5 days ago and it's been radio silence since then. 

2 answers to this question

Unless you were told otherwise, your school's international office will get in touch with you about the paperwork needed for the I-20. My school's office waits until after April 15, when all decisions are finalized before processing I-20s etc. for everyone. Unless you are in a situation where you think you need the processing faster, I would wait until later this month before asking about it.

7 hours ago, Ascaris said:

Do I still need to submit a certificate of finance before my I-20 is issued? I got a tuition waiver and a yearly stipend that covers the cost of the program. 

I accepted the admission offer about 5 days ago and it's been radio silence since then. 

Five days ago would be about 2-3 business days ago, which isn't a whole lot. It may take much longer for the school to start processing I-20s. More generally, you can expect a fair amount of radio silence between now and the Fall semester. As @TakeruK says, the school knows what to do, and they'll issue you a certificate or ask for more documents as needed. Unless there's some special reason why you need this expedited, you'll just have to wait.