So I’ve been waitlisted...

I’ve been waitlisted somewhere. They never told me, I had to contact the director. They said that I should be notified in a few weeks if something changes...but...I’ve been admitted to other places. What should I do about the waitlist? Could I ask how far I am down on the list and then make a decision if I wanna commit somewhere else?

Edited by GameofLoans16

25 minutes ago, GameofLoans16 said:

What should I do about the waitlist? Could I ask how far I am down on the list and then make a decision if I wanna commit somewhere else?

Depending on how likely you are to take an offer from this school as opposed to your other options, you might withdraw and accept another offer, or you might contact this school to ask some more questions. I wouldn't necessarily ask where you stand in the list, but rather when you might expect to get an update, and how likely you are to get off the list, given the school's experience from previous years (and while you fully understand that there are no promises and things might be different this year). That's really the information you want.