Will I be notified if my abstract for a conference was rejected?

Hello,

I submitted my abstract for a contributed talk at the Ecological Society of America annual meeting in February. According to their website, I should've heard back if my abstract was accepted but I didn't. Does that mean mine was rejected?

Would also love to know if anyone has heard anything from the same conference, or if it's a norm not to expect rejection emails. Thanks!

You can always email the conference contact address and ask. Sometimes there is a separate contact for these issues or it might be some general mailing list that goes to all of the organizers. It is very often the case that organizers are optimistic and/or unforeseen things happen and the decisions aren't made when they thought they would be. In my field, the accepted abstracts are often posted online at the same time when decisions are made, so if the accepted presentations aren't online yet, then decisions either have not yet been made or they were just made.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:55 PM, TakeruK said:

You can always email the conference contact address and ask. Sometimes there is a separate contact for these issues or it might be some general mailing list that goes to all of the organizers. It is very often the case that organizers are optimistic and/or unforeseen things happen and the decisions aren't made when they thought they would be. In my field, the accepted abstracts are often posted online at the same time when decisions are made, so if the accepted presentations aren't online yet, then decisions either have not yet been made or they were just made.

Thank you TakeruK!

• 1 month later...