Minnesota?

Yup, I just logged back on and got my rejection letter :(

Submission Status: Submittedspacer.gifSubmitted Date: 11/7/2009 12:27:00 PM E.S.T.spacer.gif(P) Application Complete - sent to program

Is this the bit that changes on the ApplyYourself site? My seems to be doing nothing.

Submission Status: Submittedspacer.gifSubmitted Date: 11/7/2009 12:27:00 PM E.S.T.spacer.gif(P) Application Complete - sent to program

Is this the bit that changes on the ApplyYourself site? My seems to be doing nothing.

My application still reads the exact same as well: (P) Application ..., etc. What's the story? Anyone shoot them an email? Or something?

Yup, I just logged back on and got my rejection letter :(

Me too. And yes speedracer, it is the "Sent to Department" part that changes to "Graduate School Final Review" and then "Decision Made." One that happens a link appears underneath that clicks through to a rejection letter.

I'm sure they are just going through in rounds. I'm just glad to know! One less to wait on - three to go.

I think Minnesota's decisions are made--I received a letter (regular mail) this afternoon that informed me I was in the "top tier" of their waitlist, and I can only imagine that means they've selected their admissions, their top tiers, their second tiers, and their rejections. I would imagine letters, phone calls, e-mails, etc., will be coming out in the next couple of days/Monday. Best luck, all!

I was called March 4th by Professor Sprengnether at U of M. She left a voicemail - acceptance, offered funding, mentioned recruitment weekend visit.

I think you guys are right about the pool being really small - the mass e-mails I'm getting from them now regarding visiting campus during recruitment weekend are only Cc'd to six, maybe seven other people.

I got super lucky. I have a prof I want to work with at U of M that was the perfect fit for me. I think when it came to that department, my SOP was my strongest bit. Certainly wasn't my GRE scores, I'll say that. :P

Good luck to the wait listers!