Undergrad here in need of some advice

Here is my profile:

Undergrad InstitutionLarge state school (not so high ranked)

Major(s): Mathematics

Minor(s): Computer Science

Cumulative GPA: 3.8, Major GPA: 4.0

Type of Student: International

Research Experience: Got into Math REU this summer. Hopefully will get some experience there

Letters of Recommendation: Should be good

GRE: Planning to take this august. Aiming for atleast 330

Aiming for Industry Jobs after phd

Concerns: The main theme of the REU program is Algebra and Discrete Mathematics where many works are done in numerical analysis, real analysis, abstract algebra and graph theory. My question is, since it does not involve statistics, will this be helpful for me while applying for grad shool for phd in statistics?

Also, I will be taking lots of major proof based courses like real analysis, complex analysis, abstract algebra, next semester and grades will be turned in by Dec 10. Since the deadline for most grad schools is Dec 1st, I think that would be too late as I will have to send my application by then.Will this hurt my application? 

Lastly, I would like to know the prospect of lower ranked programs from universities such as University of Virginia, or University of Iowa. These schools have deadline in Jan 15 which I can make it but I do not know how good their placements for industry jobs are. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Randomness1

Most people don't have real stats research experience, and your REU will look good. Make sure to take a few statistics and probability class if you can though. You will have plenty of great industry options, especially in tech and pharma, from pretty much any stats PhD.