Graduate Institute (IHEID) for development studies

gcae5

I'm really leaning towards going to IHEID to study development, but I can't seem to find a lot of information on people that speak for the quality of the program, as the program for IR is more well known.

Thoughts about studying there as opposed to a good school in the US? I'm not an American citizen and don't plan on living in the US, except for on a temporary basis. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have a friend from Brazzil who just finished her MA over there on development. She didn't like the program too much.

best of luck

Did your friend elaborate at all about what she didn't like about the program? I'm very curious about IHEID, but have found it difficult to learn much about the school, so any 3rd hand information would be appreciated!

From what I have heard, IHEID is one of the top international International Relations schools, and you can't beat the location if you want to get involved with the UN/IOs.