Vanderbilt?

unknownscholar

• 1 month later...

Well this seems like the perfect place for me to chime in after a somewhat lengthy hiatus from my cafe musings...

Hawaii, Florence, Heavan... Vanderbilt. Which one of these does not belong? Ah it's a trick question because my new Commodore they all belong. In fact, if the corollary to the old cliche that Dante forwent writing about a depth of Hell that went beyond that which could be described in mere human discourse, he surely could not have written about the beacon of Heavenly bliss that is Vanderbilt.

You are about to enter a privileged layer. A school community unlike any other, for not only will you experience a soundly top 20 academic institution and all the benefits that accrue from that association, but your social life is about to upgrade 10 fold. Move over New York, Boston, Chicago, because Vanderbilt and Nashville offer you:

1) More affordability

2) A plethora of smart and beautiful people

3) A strong athletic program - basketball is some of the best in the nation and remember this is an academic school

4) Great dining

5) City life without the dirty NYC vibe, yet without the trendy nonsense... mom and pop stores still live here and you can avoid Walmart and all that it entails

6) A social life where grad students from all areas interact - Vanderbilt is unique because it has 11,000 students total with nearly half of them being graduate students so you won't be outnumbered by undergrads.

I could go on, but all future Dores can contact me with questions and I'd be happy to advise.

If you are a single male you are about to learn what shooting fish in a tank is all about - even dorky engineers date supermodels in the oasis of attractiveness they call VandyLand

I have faith in MissingVandyCandy's propaganda, being a supergenius/supermodel myself and having just been accepted to that wonderful Southern institution and having lived in New York for the past 4 years.

I'm in for English. Pretty sure I'm the only one on this board in for that, but that's alright, because I love me some interdisciplinary contacts. I don't suppose that anyone has any tips on where to buy/rent a place? I know there's apartments nearby, but I kind of want a quaint little house with a picket fence. Guess I'll start on craigslist and see what I find.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use