Acceptance without interview?

danicalifornia

I have applied for the PhD program in Biology at CUNY, Graduate Center. My deadline was on Jan 1st. I emailed them on mid Feb to ask about notification timelines.

On Feb 15 I received a reply saying that "a final decision have not been made regarding your application and that "notifications will be sent (via mail) between two or three months after deadline".

And that is all the communication I've got, so far.

Do you guys think I could have a chance?

Does anybody ever got an acceptance without being interviewed? The "international student" factor affects the interview thing?

Any CUNY insight would be really appreciated. If not CUNY, any word at all, I'm kinda desperate.

Thank you guys, and the best of luck!

I have applied for the PhD program in Biology at CUNY, Graduate Center. My deadline was on Jan 1st. I emailed them on mid Feb to ask about notification timelines.

On Feb 15 I received a reply saying that "a final decision have not been made regarding your application and that "notifications will be sent (via mail) between two or three months after deadline".

And that is all the communication I've got, so far.

Do you guys think I could have a chance?

Does anybody ever got an acceptance without being interviewed? The "international student" factor affects the interview thing?

Any CUNY insight would be really appreciated. If not CUNY, any word at all, I'm kinda desperate.

Thank you guys, and the best of luck!

Hey, have hope, I was accepted to two programs last year (Materials PhD at USC&UCLA) without funding, and one so far this year with funding (UCI no reply from others), no interviews.

I'm from Britain so my English is good enough for them not to worry about being able to understand me, so they didn't not interview me cos of that.

I hope this cheers you up a bit,

All the best,

David

Also, this late in the game they don't have time to interview you. Hopefully they can let you know very soon so you can decided by the April 15 deadline. But many schools accept without interviews. You could try and email them again.

Hey, have hope, I was accepted to two programs last year (Materials PhD at USC&UCLA) without funding, and one so far this year with funding (UCI no reply from others), no interviews.

I'm from Britain so my English is good enough for them not to worry about being able to understand me, so they didn't not interview me cos of that.

I hope this cheers you up a bit,

All the best,

David

I was accepted to 2 programs so far. Neither of them interviewed me or contacted me in any way once my app was complete. One of the programs interviewed at least one other person, which made me worry that I hadn't heard anything. Don't give up until you have a confirmed rejection.

I was accepted to UCSC without an interview, only a week after submitting my application. They said my application fit exactly what they were looking for. I initiated a visit with JHU and UDEL... so can't say there.

Do not worry too much about that.

Tell you what, I got my offer with full financial support from Harvard without any interview this year.

And it just came!

Patience is what you need.

Good luck!

Yes, people get accepted to schools without interviews. It's the norm in my field.

Being international could cause a school to opt for a phone interview rather than an in-person one, but it's unlikely to cause a school not to interview you at all (if it's a school that does interviews to begin with).