Is no word by now = bad

martizzle

It's almost March 15th, and while we may have received some decisions from some schools; a lot of us are still waiting for other programs to inform us of their decisions. While I remain ever hopeful (I have no other choice - grad school is my only option :) ), a part of me asks: what are the chances of those of us still waiting to hear from graduate schools? Are our chances any higher because we lasted this long in the 'waiting period? or are we actually not in the game (so to speak), but simply kept in the loop for some grand reason?

idk...what do you feel?

It's almost March 15th, and while we may have received some decisions from some schools; a lot of us are still waiting for other programs to inform us of their decisions. While I remain ever hopeful (I have no other choice - grad school is my only option :) ), a part of me asks: what are the chances of those of us still waiting to hear from graduate schools? Are our chances any higher because we lasted this long in the 'waiting period? or are we actually not in the game (so to speak), but simply kept in the loop for some grand reason?

idk...what do you feel?

There's no grand reason, there's no way to know. You aren't rejected yet; leave it at that. You could be accepted, or you could not. It depends on other people's decisions. I.e. the first people to get acceptances to accept or decline. As those people make their decisions, so will you all be able to know your status. There is no rhyme or reason, nothing to go by. Except the fact that you aren't rejected yet. You are in limbo, unable to have closure yet.

So go bug people on this forum who haven't made their decisions, to make them, so that wait-listers can know their fate (and no, I'm not kidding. The worst is when person A is on waitlist at school 1, school 2 has accepted them even though person b is on the waitlist at school 2 who wants to go there. So person C at school 1 has to accept/reject for Person A to make their decision to allow any information to be filtered to person B... and so it goes.)

The worst is when person A is on waitlist at school 1, school 2 has accepted them even though person b is on the waitlist at school 2 who wants to go there. So person C at school 1 has to accept/reject for Person A to make their decision to allow any information to be filtered to person B... and so it goes.)

Wow, that's just one crappy situation.

now does that applied to Phd programs or master's as well?? because I have noticed that one of the schools I have applied to has accepted a bunch of people already but for some reason I just got an email today that says they are sending my app to the admission committee today although I turned in the app more than a month ago. I wonder what was the hold up, maybe they already reviewed most of the apps and have accepted enough people already??

now does that applied to Phd programs or master's as well?? because I have noticed that one of the schools I have applied to has accepted a bunch of people already but for some reason I just got an email today that says they are sending my app to the admission committee today although I turned in the app more than a month ago. I wonder what was the hold up, maybe they already reviewed most of the apps and have accepted enough people already??

I applied to only PhD programs...idk about the masters, but I should think it would be the same as what shaydlip said...it does makes sense. Good luck though, I hope it pans out for you.

Ps. stop n stare was such an awesome song

I've heard that there are many more applicants, due to the less than positive economic situation. The economy has also resulted in funding cuts, which means fewer grants. That said, there must be a reason why they are not informing us, when they have already offered others. Either we are on the reserve list, or the administrative system has not cleared the backlog of rejected candidates through the system.

Here's hoping for the best!

It depends. If you know there aren't many seats, and you receive reliable information that someone got accepted. By reliable, I mean that someone actually fesses up to have been accepted there (and not just posted to the results page). Then you can presume that you've been rejected from that school.

That happened to me. One particular program I applied to had only one or two seats available. Why did I apply? Because I thought I would be a very good fit with a potential advisor. Well, I heard reliable info today that someone was accepted into the program. March sucks!!! angry.gif

Some schools like to get you there to visit early if you are a stellar person, which seemed to be the case with the first school I got into.

In my case, three schools seem to be stalling on their decisions but thankfully, I received an email from one of them telling me that I would know by March 16th whether they wanted me or not.

So far I am 1 for 6 with two rejections.