SAIS (Washington, Nanjing, and Bologna)

ashtangi

His profile indicates he was admitted March 5th - that is very early. The adcomm actually met on March 5th to make decisions/parcel out potential admits to the decision makers for various concentrations. I know this because I called SAIS and was told this (without asking). It is perfectly reasonable that the individual was contacted the same day but that would certainly not be the norm.

Anyways, hopefully we find out tomorrow!

Looks like my information was good! Just got the good news via the website (no e-mail sent yet, just like Fletcher). Letter says we should get financial aid information by the end of the week! I am ecstatic! Unless I get into Georgetown or get some serious $$$ from GWU... SAIS, here I come! Good luck, everyone! I hope we all get amazing news.

Looks like my information was good! Just got the good news via the website (no e-mail sent yet, just like Fletcher). Letter says we should get financial aid information by the end of the week! I am ecstatic! Unless I get into Georgetown or get some serious $$$ from GWU... SAIS, here I come! Good luck, everyone! I hope we all get amazing news.

Same!! Fingers crossed for some aid.

Just checked the site....and the decision is...

waitlisted ....not too shabby! B)

This was a long shot for me, so I'm happy that my app was even strongly considered. My app is a very uneven with poor grades, little quant background but great work experience. Now that I know I've got a chance, maybe I can strengthen up my quant coursework if I don't decide to attend grad school this year and reapply.

Congrats to all of those who got in!

I'm in as well! I will be very interested to hear re: funding.

On the funding thing, though, it says in the letter that if you "have submitted their SAIS financial aid application and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15 will be given online access to their financial aid award by the end of this week." I submitted the SAIS financial aid form, but did not submit a FAFSA form because I will be financing via a private loan at a better rate than Federal loans... did I just knock myself out of contention for aid from SAIS?

Now just waiting on Gtown.

In as well!! Waiting on $$ - has to beat Fletcher's, if they want me there!

In! Finally some good news.

I have been second-guessing my concentration choice, though -- anyone know how flexible SAIS is on this?

As long as you don't want one of the two capped concentrations (International Development IDEV or IR/ERE, which stands for Energy Resources and Environment) you can pretty much choose any concetration.

Edited by ashtangi

I'm in..but have to complete their online course to do the economics requirement...delighted..a good amount of aid will make me go here instead of SIPA..

Does it say right on the letter that you have to do the econ course. I was fully expecting to have to do it as I only took an intro combined micro/macro freshman year of college, but I don't think I saw anything to that effect... Wondering if I missed something.

Does it say right on the letter that you have to do the econ course. I was fully expecting to have to do it as I only took an intro combined micro/macro freshman year of college, but I don't think I saw anything to that effect... Wondering if I missed something.

Well..its the 2nd or 3rd paragraph and its right in the letter..1000$ just for the course..I definitely need some aid.

Anyone else in a similar predicament ?

I got into Nanjing! I am happy, but I wish I had gained admission into the Washington program as well. Financial aid information will come later this week through the postal service. I'd rather not share any other feelings, as I might . . . well, be able to get some perspective in a few hours/days.