NSERC 2010-2011

itsAnewStart

<br />Hmm, did you accept the award? Maybe if you decline it they remove your PIN.<br /><br />I just noticed that mine is also automatically showing up in my Form 200 application I submitted in the fall.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I declined it. Now I'm all worried cause my profile doesn't show a pin.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say then. I figured had Deane applied directly to NSERC, but you applied through your school, that could account for the differences. I know I didn't hear anything about an acknowledgment from NSERC (though I received one saying my application was being forwarded from my school).

Mine too... so upset that they did not update my pin

What if it was the case where people who get the scholarship, get their PIN later since they will be busy processing their acceptance papers? :D

OR

Just like any competition, rejected people get notified/updated first? :P

What if it was the case where people who get the scholarship, get their PIN later since they will be busy processing their acceptance papers? :D

OR

Just like any competition, rejected people get notified/updated first? :P

That's a possibility! I'm definitely not reading anything into the PIN situation. I won't believe anything until I have that letter in my hands. B)

I just passed my comps this morning......A big sigh of relief.....now I can focus my nervous energy on the mailman! Waiting on NSERC and Vanier decisions this week and whether my supervisors NSERC grant gets approved........big week of announcements!

BTW, I don't have a pin yet either.......make me a little nervous.

I applied directly to NSERC, since it's for a PDF, and I'm in the US. I've applied to NSERC before, and previously had a PIN, but I didn't know what it was, so when I applied I didn't fill my PIN number in. I don't recognize the number though, so it may be a new PIN, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I'm working on protein evolution in a biochemistry lab.

This is from the NSERC website: http://www.nserc-crs...tions/200/e.asp

"Personal Identification Number (PIN)

All NSERC applicants have received, or will receive, an NSERC PIN. Refer to your PIN each time you apply for an award and in future correspondence with NSERC. If you have not previously applied to NSERC, or if you cannot remember your PIN, leave the field blank."

I didn't receive a PIN number when I applied last year for the first time. I only have a PIN number now (automatically put on my application in the fall) after applying for an award. I don't think you can conclude anything from the PIN number. It's just a number they assign to you so that they can easily correspond to you. If you applied for something through NSERC, they will give you a PIN number regardless if you got an award. Hope this helps. I'm waiting for the results and I'm at UWO.

Good luck to all!

Q

I called NSERC and asked about the results of NSERC PDF, they said you should receive a letter shortly. The resuts have already been mailed! cross the fingers!

ok. now i am concerned. keep the fingers crossed!

I guess it'll arrive tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

Ups, can be so close?, I am getting really nervous.

I applied to NSERC PDF directly and I got a PIN number with the email of confirmation. I think that means nothing but they received my application.

Good luck to all!

Ups, can be so close?, I am getting really nervous.

I applied to NSERC PDF directly and I got a PIN number with the email of confirmation. I think that means nothing but they received my application.

Good luck to all!

Yes, I hadn't received any email from them in OCT, but called them today, and it seems they didn't enter my email correctly! They forwarded the email to me again and now I have also a PIN. But just waiting for the letter. How long does a regular mail take from Ottawa to Toronto?