Thick envelopes

historygirl

For your sanity, please realize that graduate programs do not generally send thick envelopes. Most email, some call, and a few send thin, one-page decisions. Thick envelopes come later - sometimes months later - and often not until you accept the spot. So don't walk away from the mail in disgust if it's all thin letters!

agreed. I did not open one of my letters because it was a thin envelope. I left it for an entire day before getting around to actually opening it. It was an acceptance from a highly reputed program.

I wonder why they want to trick you so much! I mean isn't the stress that they put us through enough already?!

agreed. I did not open one of my letters because it was a thin envelope. I left it for an entire day before getting around to actually opening it. It was an acceptance from a highly reputed program.

I wonder why they want to trick you so much! I mean isn't the stress that they put us through enough already?!

I somehow picture sneering admissions officers giving each other high fives for coming up with this great idea :)