made mistakes on cv/resume

paintbrush

after i sumitted, i found that i made two mistakes on my resume.

when i was mentioning my education, i put wrong school address. I was supposed to write "new york" but i wrote "new york city".

second mistake was sort of typo. the correct one supposed to be " ... group" instead, i wrote "... group p"(one more 'p')

do you think that admission comittee would think i'm ignorant? would it hurt my admission?

i am so worried.

Edited by paintbrush

after i sumitted, i found that i made two mistakes on my resume.

when i was mentioning my education, i put wrong school address. I was supposed to write "new york" but i wrote "new york city".

second mistake was sort of typo. the correct one supposed to be " ... group" instead, i wrote "... group p"(one more 'p')

do you think that admission comittee would think i'm ignorant? would it heart my admission?

i am so worried.

No it wouldn't hurt your application but in the future, do have someone proofread your applications and stuff if you have a problem with spellings. For example, you got the spelling of "hurt" wrong here. It looks like you are not a native speaker of English. Neither am I. We guys need to be careful not to make too many of these mistakes as these do have an effect on how people perceive the application (in terms of the amount of effort that has gone in, for example). So have your friends who might be good at English proofread this stuff before you send them out.

That said, the mistakes you have mentioned are extremely minor ones (compared to the spelling mistake you made in your original post here :P) and you should be just fine, don't worry about it.

No it wouldn't hurt your application but in the future, do have someone proofread your applications and stuff if you have a problem with spellings. For example, you got the spelling of "hurt" wrong here. It looks like you are not a native speaker of English. Neither am I. We guys need to be careful not to make too many of these mistakes as these do have an effect on how people perceive the application (in terms of the amount of effort that has gone in, for example). So have your friends who might be good at English proofread this stuff before you send them out.

That said, the mistakes you have mentioned are extremely minor ones (compared to the spelling mistake you made in your original post here tongue.gif) and you should be just fine, don't worry about it.

lol

thanks,, i'm going to chage that error right now!

The same thing happened to me. So, I searched Facebook to see if my University had a fan page there. To my surprise, I did find one.

So, I posted a similar question to yours on FB. The administrator of the FB page who works in the admissions office consulted with an admission coach at the college and advised me to send a replacement by snail mail, asking them to replace it for the original one. I did that and the college replaced it within a week.

Hope this helps.

That said, the mistakes you have mentioned are extremely minor ones (compared to the spelling mistake you made in your original post here :P) and you should be just fine, don't worry about it.

Another important word to comb for and correct in your application is the use of affect and effect. The correct use here is affect.

• 3 years later...

Me, too. I have just found some mistakes in my CV. My mistake is far more ugly. 
I wrote ' MU Robots Camp' instead of 
 ' MU Robot Camp'.   (I still wonder why I added 's' there)

To make the matter worse, I wrote it three times in my CV and they are obvious. 

Now, it is almost fifteen days after the deadline of 15th January.
Could you give me advice on what should I do. Should contact the graduate admission to update my new CV ? 

Thank you.

Guest Gnome Chomsky

I wrote ' MU Robots Camp' instead of  ' MU Robot Camp'.   (I still wonder why I added 's' there)

Could you give me advice on what should I do. Should contact the graduate admission to update my new CV ? 

Thank you.

How is that "far more ugly" than putting the wrong city and misspelling the word 'group'?

You're joking, right? 

I wrote ' MU Robots Camp' instead of 
 ' MU Robot Camp'.   (I still wonder why I added 's' there)

Thank you.

My opinion here: shit happens and people make mistakes. If a school really likes your application and thinks you can offer the school a lot then they will overlook a few errors.

Schools are trying to recruit you ask much as you are them. Chill out and spend your time reading publications to be knowledgable for interviews. That knowledge is going to carry for more weight than little mistakes that everyone makes.