CSDCAS Confustion

I'm really confused, so these might be silly questions. Do I need to create a CSDCAS account before I send my GRE scores to CSDCAS? I'm taking the GRE in a few days, but the CSDCAS application cycle doesn't start until August 2nd. I have the CSDCAS codes for the programs that need it, but will my scores even be sent if I don't have a CSDCAS account?

So when you take the GRE, you can send your scores to (I believe) 4 schools for free right from the testing center. However, you have to do that before you know your scores. When I created my CSDCAS account, I just entered my scores into my CSDCAS account/application. Then they distributed those scores for me to my schools. That way I only need to pay for my scores once. When you start adding schools to your CSDCAS account, they will have instructions and requirements per school on what you need to do specifically for that school. 

50 minutes ago, Jordyn_M463 said:

So when you take the GRE, you can send your scores to (I believe) 4 schools for free right from the testing center. However, you have to do that before you know your scores. When I created my CSDCAS account, I just entered my scores into my CSDCAS account/application. Then they distributed those scores for me to my schools. That way I only need to pay for my scores once. When you start adding schools to your CSDCAS account, they will have instructions and requirements per school on what you need to do specifically for that school. 

I still had to send my scores even though they were in the CSDCAS system. I believe you know your score before you send them to the schools also.  

I took the GRE over a year before I began applying. I picked schools I thought I was interested in and sent scores to those schools. You definitely don't need a CSDCAS account, since I hadn't even heard of it yet!