Oflear

Question

Hi, I'm currently an English undergrad student. But I'm planning to do my masters in Classics. (We'll narrow it down once we reach that bridge) I have zero background in the languages, Latin or ancient Greek and due to the lack of resources/programs (again, zero) in my country about classics, I have to apply to the programs offered by the universities abroad. Due to my lack of language background and to make up for three years of language requirement to get a PhD in Classics, I'm going to do a post baccalaureate. So I have my post bacc narrowed to three universities, but what I wanted to know if that's a fulfilling way to go on about it? Has anyone done a post bacc and then joined the masters in classics? And done a PhD? Is there any other way this can be achieved? Also, how is the student life during a post bacc, amount of hours and the study required? 

Because I do love the classics and I plan on making a future in academia in the same (I'm well aware of how terribly awful it sounds, a narrowing field with a dying subject)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet