Michigan State rhet/comp SOP length requirement question

I'll be applying to the MSU's rhet/comp PhD this fall, and have a question about the length requirement for the SOP. The program asks for 3-5 pages, but doesn't specify whether that means single or double spaced. All of the other programs I'm applying to ask for 2 single-spaced pages or less, so while the program does seem to do things a little differently (which is part of its appeal), it would certainly be an outlier. Either way I plan on hedging my bets toward the shorter end of that requirement, but I'm hoping someone here has some insight. Thanks!

I was trying to avoid that (out of nerves? I don't know), but I did so anyway and the graduate admin was super nice and got back to me right away. Here's the answer, in case it helps anyone else: the statement of purpose should be 3-5 double spaced pages, but the 1-page teaching statement (no spacing was indicated for this either) could be either one.