Jump to content
David Silva

Advice on universities for a Ph. D. in structural/earthquake engineering?

Recommended Posts


I was looking for advice on continuing my education towards a Ph.D.  I am a civil engineer graduated from Tecnológico de Monterrey in 2016, I was an international student and had a mediocre GPA of 3.3. I have been working for 1 and a half years in a structural/ earthquake engineering firm in my home country, Ecuador. I applied this year for M.S. in structural engineering but wanted to emphasize in earthquake engineering at US universities. I applied to 6 US schools and ended up picking UCLA for Fall 2018 but my dream school was UC Berkeley. What do I need to achieve if I wanted to pursue my Ph.D. either at UCSD, UC Berkeley, UCLA, Caltech, Stanford or UW ? 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.