Did any of you go to Rutgers for its MPA program?

Miiit

Good morning everyone,

I applied to Rutgers Newark MPA program. I met with the Program Coordinator and she said that I was a very strong candidate. I am waiting on a decision still. However, I don't see any posts here about Rutgers SPAA at all. Did any of you go to Rutgers or apply to this program? What do you think about it?

Any input will be highly appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently applying to SPAA! I joined an online info session and went on a class visit. From my research it's a really great school.  I get the feeling that a lot of people on this site automatically go for the Ivy League schools and/or big city locations. Being that Rutgers-Newark is in NJ surrounded by schools like Princeton, Columbia, and UPenn, and cities like NYC and Philadelphia, it's very easy for folks to dismiss the school. I think it's a hidden gem. You still get a great education, connection to these other cities including Newark itself, amazing faculty, flexibility with online or on-campus evening classes, scholarships, study abroad opportunities, fellowships/internships, all for an affordable price (assuming you're an in-state student) compared to other schools. For me personally, I couldn't find a better MPA program that had as much as SPAA has to offer.

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2018 at 11:21 AM, Miiit said:

Good morning everyone,

I applied to Rutgers Newark MPA program. I met with the Program Coordinator and she said that I was a very strong candidate. I am waiting on a decision still. However, I don't see any posts here about Rutgers SPAA at all. Did any of you go to Rutgers or apply to this program? What do you think about it?

Any input will be highly appreciated. 

Hey, I don't know if you saw my previous post but I was wondering if you got accepted for Fall 2018? If so, how have classes been?