Ford Fellowship 2010

dalzir

Is there a firm release date set for those rankings?

They were supposed to come out in December 2008...still haven't come out and there is no longer a date.

In other news, I just got an email from Ford saying I did not get a fellowship. :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waitlisted. Says if I don't hear from them in a month, it means that I'm not getting one and my name will be moved to Honorable Mention list. Congrats to those who got one, although my letter says they only offered 40 predoctoral fellowships this year. Jeez, that's hardly anything!

Edited by Livestrong1188

Waitlisted. Congrats to those who got one, although my letter says they only offered 40 predoctoral fellowships this year. Jeez, that's hardly anything!

The funny thing is that I am most annoyed that I didn't even get honorable mention. Last time when I wasn't yet in my Ph.D program I got honorable mention (in April 08). This time, nothing. Boo.

Well ... re-jected ... dry.gif

I have to admit, though ... what doesn't kill ya ... makes you stronger.

Congrats to those who recieved the golden ticket! (Honorable mention just doesn't cut it.)

But, also ... Congrats to those who spent the time ... working, discussing, and spending their energy putting it all together ... we are better off for it. (Slightly.)

Alternate status for me this year. I applied for the Dissertation Fellowship. 20 awards, 500 applications. Wow.

I was an alternate for the Predoc a few years ago. No one declined in my field/subject area so I ended up with Honorable Mention.

These awards are tough to get. For anyone out there who got the Dissertation Fellowship, when do you have to send in your accept/decline letter?

Edited by Blume

The funny thing is that I am most annoyed that I didn't even get honorable mention. Last time when I wasn't yet in my Ph.D program I got honorable mention (in April 08). This time, nothing. Boo.

Same here, too. I got honorable mention last year and this year it was a straight rejection. I thought I had improved my application. I even asked for and received feedback directly from them, and I tried to address the weaknesses that were stated. Oh well...looks like I will be applying again next time. I'm glad it's a free application :P

Still have not received any notification about the status of my Ford predoc app, sigh.......

That might be a good thing, GABA, as no one has yet posted that they received an award yet. Perhaps those have not yet gone out?

that would be awesome....but it may also be that they are going down the list of subject areas and mine happens to all laaaaaast ( or i fell through the cracks of the automated system). Waiting is drivng me crazy b/c I cannot concentrate on anything else right now, grrrr! Has anyone heard back about actually receiving an award?

Just got mine. Honorable Mention :D but no award :angry: well, considering my background this is already pretty far! Our university have only one Ford fellow in its entire history, and that was last year.

Edited by newage2012

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone been successful getting application feedback from Ford?

Yes, I have. I just emailed the program directly (I used the email from the secretary who notified me that everything was complete). Within in a month, I received my feedback. They sent me several rating sheets they must have had their judges complete. Some of the judges even wrote comments. I would suggest that you do this.

Yes, I have. I just emailed the program directly (I used the email from the secretary who notified me that everything was complete). Within in a month, I received my feedback. They sent me several rating sheets they must have had their judges complete. Some of the judges even wrote comments. I would suggest that you do this.

Thanks! I emailed a general email account on the website and did not receive a response. I will try this now.