Another question about admitted students' weekends

el217

I'm sorry for starting a new topic; I had originally replied to another one but it quickly got buried.

Everything I've every heard about admitted students' weekends have been described as just that: weekends. For one school to which I was admitted, though, the information they sent me says the program is just one day, a Friday. Is this normal?

My main question is, when should I plan to leave? Saturday morning? Sunday night? Does the visit usually continue "unofficially" over the weekend? One thing that's holding me up is that I applied to 6 other schools, and there are only so many weekends between now and April 15th. It's possible I could piggyback a second trip onto this one. But if everyone usually plans to stay through Sunday, I don't want to be the lame one who's out of there first thing in the morning.

Thanks!

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. They are paying for my ticket, but I have to book the flight myself and they'll reimburse. And they did send an itinerary, with events from 9:45am to 5:30pm on Friday only. What I was asking is whether, if/when this is the case, people usually stay for the whole weekend, beyond the official events.

Thanks!

Ooh! Tough one.

Are they putting you up at a hotel, one of their empty dorms, or on a grad student's couch? This might affect the situation.

Honestly, I would bet people leave on Saturday, but I wouldn't bet much.

*edit: Again, the best thing to do is call them.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. They are paying for my ticket, but I have to book the flight myself and they'll reimburse. And they did send an itinerary, with events from 9:45am to 5:30pm on Friday only. What I was asking is whether, if/when this is the case, people usually stay for the whole weekend, beyond the official events.

Thanks!

OMG. haha.. ok I didn't know that the interview could be just 1 day! I asked to be flown in on thu and depart from the university the following wed!!! Since they will be paying for everything! I wonder if that has upset the adminstrators...