Conflict

bzrunner2009

I need some help. I've been admitted into my second choice school (no funding :( ), but am still waiting to hear back from my third choice, George Mason. Apparently their deadline for their history graduate program is April 15, the official school acceptance day. My dilemma is what if I accept my second choice school, only to hear back from George Mason and I have received funding? I need some advice.

I would consider waiting a few another week or two to hear from George Mason. All things considered, they should have the same deadline of April 15, which means that they should notify you by then. You could contact George Mason if you are getting impatient, but unfortunately MA programs notify later.

Accepting the offer doesn't mean you're legally required to attend. If you accept and a better offer comes along, just admit to it and go to the better school. Don't harm your future prospects out of some sense of loyalty to a school you haven't even enrolled to. You won't be the first to decline after accepting, nor will you be the last. Just don't ask for your deposit back. Bad form.

• 2 weeks later...

What the person before me said.

Also, don't be afraid to give them a feel of your predicament, without being too specific. I mean they're probably sensible people and their reaction will be telling (i.e. formal which gives you little hope or positive which should make you... positive :))

Also, don't be afraid to give them a feel of your predicament, without being too specific. I mean they're probably sensible people and their reaction will be telling (i.e. formal which gives you little hope or positive which should make you... positive :))

This is sound advice as well.

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use