Advice for future applicant

For those of you that have been accepted into a program, do you recommend visiting the school/program you're planning on applying to, just so they can put a face to the name on the application? 

if you do advice it, what kind of questions do you ask to show your interest in their program? 

Advice please

Yes, I would recommend visiting the program, but not just to put a face to the applicant. It is so important to see the area around the school. 

My advice would be to look at the school's faculty, and find a professor that matches your research interests or other academic interests, and then ask if they have some time to meet with you. Usually professors will be happy to do so. These may be the very people on the admissions committee. This also gives you someone to contact if you have questions about the program later on in the application process. I would ask about clinical placements, what populations do students work with after graduating/where do they work, and about any unique features of the program (bilingualism, autism, whatever interests you). 

Good luck! 

I would also suggest visiting because you may think you would enjoy their program until you get there and see and ask questions for yourself. I know that I ended up choosing the school I knew the least about just because I visited and fell in love with their program and their people. My top choice ended up being the school I liked the least when I compared it to the other schools I had applied to. My thoughts and perspectives completely changed. 

I would ask about clinic placements, when you are working in internships at outside placements can you go wherever you want or does it have to be close to the school?, what are the class schedules like, are there GA options to help pay tuition, graduation rates, national exam passing rates, how many students get jobs within the first year of graduation, are there research opportunities (if you are interested), where do most students live, anything that may be of concern to you. No question is a dumb question. It is your time, effort and money that is being put into these programs so it is best that you know everything you want to know before you commit somewhere.