Any PhD Public Health People out there?

angrawa

Generally, I'm interested in provider behavior, in response to financial incentives, organizational structure, patient characteristics, etc... I applied for the health econ track, but I think my interests fall somewhere between econ and organizations. what about you? I did my MPH at Berkeley, and I've heard through the grapevine that it was a pretty big applicant group this year... so fingers crossed, right?

That's so funny. I also applied for econ as a primary concentration, but totally different interests; economic implications of innovation in the biotechnology / medical device sectors. I'm also interested in NA population health, so I requested a secondary concentration, as well. Don't know if that was a great idea, but realistically, few professors in this field limit themselves to one narrow topic.

I'm envious of your in-state status; it's a definite advantage because your tuition will be considerably less expensive to the program (that's straight from Dion). :) I'd love to hear about your research, time at Berkeley and POI but don't want to clutter the board... feel free to message me (I'm pretty sure you can email me from my profile).

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so funny. I also applied for econ as a primary concentration, but totally different interests; economic implications of innovation in the biotechnology / medical device sectors. I'm also interested in NA population health, so I requested a secondary concentration, as well. Don't know if that was a great idea, but realistically, few professors in this field limit themselves to one narrow topic.

I'm envious of your in-state status; it's a definite advantage because your tuition will be considerably less expensive to the program (that's straight from Dion). :) I'd love to hear about your research, time at Berkeley and POI but don't want to clutter the board... feel free to message me (I'm pretty sure you can email me from my profile).

Mollie, congrats on being accepted to the HSPA. I'm looking at applying there for next year - any advice :)

Hi, Newbie here.

I Just found this forum through a google search. I wish i had found this earlier on when i was sending my applications. Reading all these posts is so helpful wow...

I applied to 9 schools for a PhD in epidemiology and got accepted into 5. My interests is in international women's health.....

Boston University-Rejected

Arizona State-Rejected

University of Texas- Rejected

University of Alabama- Provisional acceptance (conditional that i find a faculty member who will agree to become my mentor-no luck yet )angry.gif

University of Oklahoma- Accepted

Ohio State university-Accepted

University of Kentucky- Accepted

University of South Carolina- Accepted with full scholarship and stipend biggrin.gif

University of Miami- No wordangry.gif

University of Louisville- No wordhuh.gif

Decided to accept USC's offer and will be attending this Fall .....