When should I start calling to ask about my applications?

lucifer2

When do you think I should start calling or emailing the schools from which I haven't heard anything? I don't want to look too desperate and freaked out by calling the departments up too early to ask about the progress of my applications, but only a few schools that I've applied to let me check the admissions results online. And some schools send out rejections first and won't update the status online until 10-20 days later. I live on the other side of the planet so it takes forever for me to get the letters. Of course, it's the same with acceptances that are snail mailed.

I know the schools that I've applied to have started reviewing applications and based on the history on the "Results" page, most decisions should have been made by mid-March. But here's the problem, there aren't that many posts of my dicispline in the "Results" page and worse, I didn't apply to the ones posted there. I could of course wait until April and ask but I don't want to. :| Anyone got any advice?

I don't get it, why do some schools still do snail mails? It's as if the waiting isn't tortmenting enough!

after the deadline the program set around eight weeks and the status on the website are still pending, and you didn't receive any notifications, that probably you may call them or write a note to them . because sometimes that would be delaying from the department decided to updated the grad web, usually after two months the department would have their initial decisions about admission, at least about who would be rejected. fish for that via secretaries.