apply for NSERC PGS-D, about "contribution/statement"

charlink

Hello, I am trying to apply for the NSERC PGS-D online "https://ebiz.nserc.ca/nserc_web/nserc_login_e.htmand I am a direct applicant. After login, there is a tab that said "contribution/statement". Does anyone know what this tab mean? Do I need to upload previous paper/publication list in there? 

And there is another tab "justification of eligibility of proposed research", do I need to write justification by myself or do I need potential supervisor to write it? And usually the justification should be about how successful the proposed research can be?

Thank you.

Hey, the instructions for submitting an NSERC PGS-D application are here: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/instructions/201/pgs-pdf_eng.asp

See the sections on "Contribution/Statement" and "Justification of eligibility of proposed research". In short, yes, the contributions includes your papers, research and community experience. The Justification is needed if your research could fall under more than one funding group (ie social sciences, health etc)

4 hours ago, spin_ice said:

Hey, the instructions for submitting an NSERC PGS-D application are here: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/instructions/201/pgs-pdf_eng.asp

See the sections on "Contribution/Statement" and "Justification of eligibility of proposed research". In short, yes, the contributions includes your papers, research and community experience. The Justification is needed if your research could fall under more than one funding group (ie social sciences, health etc)

Yes, thank you. I have read through the link thoroughly. On a related note, can I ask if NSERC CGS-D can be switched to PGS-D unconditionally if CGS-D is rewarded? I have been trying to find a web page about this on NSERC website and couldn't find one, do you know if there is a web page about this?

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, charlink said:

Yes, thank you. I have read through the link thoroughly. On a related note, can I ask if NSERC CGS-D can be switched to PGS-D unconditionally if CGS-D is rewarded? I have been trying to find a web page about this on NSERC website and couldn't find one, do you know if there is a web page about this?

Thank you. 

I don't know. I'd imagine that if you end up in that situation, there would be someone to contact to clarify this. As far as I understand, the CGS-D awards are offered to the highest ranking applicants and the PGS-D awards are awarded to the next highest ranking applicants. So I don't see why you couldn't decline it and get a PGS-D, but I don't know the process.

Edited by spin_ice

52 minutes ago, spin_ice said:

I don't know. I'd imagine that if you end up in that situation, there would be someone to contact to clarify this. As far as I understand, the CGS-D awards are offered to the highest ranking applicants and the PGS-D awards are awarded to the next highest ranking applicants. So I don't see why you couldn't decline it and get a PGS-D, but I don't know the process.

I think I will definitely email them to clarify. They do say that PGS-D and CGS-D are selected from the same pool. I found the information in the following website.

****Quote****

There is a single application and selection process for the CGS D and the PGS D. The top-ranked applicants will be offered a CGS D, and the next tier of meritorious applicants will be offered a PGS D.

If you are offered a CGS D, but decide to take your award to an eligible foreign institution and are eligible to do so, you must decline the CGS D and accept a PGS D award in its place.