about NSERC PGS-D: change research topic after receving scholarship

logoaka

Hello, I am currently in the process of applying for PGS-D for 2019 fall admission. I have a research topic right now, but it may change in the 2019 fall because my future advisor may want to do a completely different topic. If I change my research topic in the future, does it affect the scholarship? I am applying directly to NSERC and currently not in school.

Can anyone shed some light on this. It seems that I couldn't find a definitive answer from the NSERC website.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, logoaka said:

Hello, I am currently in the process of applying for PGS-D for 2019 fall admission. I have a research topic right now, but it may change in the 2019 fall because my future advisor may want to do a completely different topic. If I change my research topic in the future, does it affect the scholarship? I am applying directly to NSERC and currently not in school.

Can anyone shed some light on this. It seems that I couldn't find a definitive answer from the NSERC website.

Thank you.

If it is like SSHRC they never ask you about the research you are doing. You can change your topic without any penalty.

19 minutes ago, high_hopes said:

If it is like SSHRC they never ask you about the research you are doing. You can change your topic without any penalty.

Hello, high_hopes, do you mean that SSHRC never follow up on the research topic after receiving the scholarship? I think they will at least want to know if there is any publication from the study, right? And they are asking for the research proposal in the application form 201 now. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, logoaka said:

Hello, high_hopes, do you mean that SSHRC never follow up on the research topic after receiving the scholarship? I think they will at least want to know if there is any publication from the study, right? And they are asking for the research proposal in the application form 201 now. Thank you.

SSHRC doesn't follow up on whether we do the study we proposed. They just check with the university if we are still enrolled before making next year's payments.