Any profiles of people who got accepted or rejected by good-great MS Statistics programs?

Sorry if I'm asking a bit of a personal question here, but I am just really stressed with regards to picking schools. I am an odd applicant with great math grades but a poor major grade (non-Statistics/math major here), and I am unsure if the schools I am picking are all a reach or not (I've already got chanced but cue paranoid me - I feel that seeing live data would be more useful!) Moreover, I did some research online and it seems that some of these programs are more competetive than people are letting on, though there are also those "cash cow" programs that are giving everyone acceptances. Extremely hard to tell which is which from the program websites alone, hence another reason for my stress.

If you felt comfortable posting some profile information and your previous acceptances/rejections to good-great schools for an MS in Statistics, then I would be extremely grateful! (I already went over to the previous admissions threads and most of the posts are with regards to PhD programs.) If not, then that's okay too! Have a great rest of your day, and good luck to all applying for programs commencing in Fall of 2019.

Edited by theduckster
mistake

I'm in a similar situation as you are, changing my list of school every couple days.. anxious af and its not even application season yet.

Anyways I've read a lot of application result posts, both here on grad cafe and on 1point3acres (Chinese Grad Cafe). 

Best advice is to just apply to a wide ranges of school. 2-3 reaches. 3-5 targets and 2-3 safeties. Also apply to couple biostat programs, it's less competitive than stat. 

some random things i learned from all the threads i read: Top 5 is basically crap shoot  unless you have the perfect profile. Consider program size when you apply, some of the smaller, less prestigious programs might be harder to get into than the bigger, high ranked programs.  If you are going to the industry after masters, ranking doesn't matter in the eyes of the employers.

11 hours ago, CarolinaSmash said:

some random things i learned from all the threads i read: Top 5 is basically crap shoot  unless you have the perfect profile. Consider program size when you apply, some of the smaller, less prestigious programs might be harder to get into than the bigger, high ranked programs.  If you are going to the industry after masters, ranking doesn't matter in the eyes of the employers.

Thanks for the help @CarolinaSmash! :)

Since you've already done a lot of research (as I partially have), do you mind if I ask you for a list of great programs you've found that aren't either "cash cows"/schools that accept everyone, no questions asked, and schools that are a crapshoot? Having a great deal of difficulty finding such "target" schools since there are very few admissions statistics that I've found online :P