GPA

xcrazydave

I'm sure that depends greatly. You can go to the program's website for more information. It seems it depends on your undergraduate major and how closely related to the MA program it is. The admissions committees do want to see that you can handle graduate level work, though. This could be evidenced by a high GRE score or a lot of experience. If you are worried about that aspect of your application make sure that everything else you turn in is strong (i.e. LOR's, resume, personal statement, etc.). Good luck!

Yeah, I failed every class my first year and joined the Army. Went back and never did bad again... Have a 2.7 overall but a 3.8 upper level. I was in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and chosen to represent my school to meet Benazir Bhutto last year...

I have one semester of Grad School at Texas State while I am waiting on U Texas (I got back too late to apply from Iraq) and a 4.0. Gre is 540 (ave at UT is 570) and 600 (average is 650) 6.0 writing (average is 4.3).. so I am in the range there... I think my essay is good.. I just re-read it.

I have three letters from professors, one is a Harvard PHd and he wrote a great letter.

We also had to submit a resume, and I think my experience in Iraq will help....

They said they like people who do stuff for fun and that kinda thing and I was President of Mavericks for Football Now, a club to get football back at UT Arlington and played on our semi-pro team we fielded.. was in charge of efforts that raised $20,000 for us to play in a semester and we volunteered at a horse ranch for handicapped kids...

Just hoping experience helps..

It is coming down to that wire where I am just checking and checking and checking...

Crazy -- I wouldn't worry about your gpa. If it was freshman year and more than a couple years ago then I doubt an adcom would care that much. At worst it may be a fifth or sixth tiebreaker... even that's unlikely. Your military experience and high upperclassmen gpa is impressive. They want to see improvement.

To answer your question from the appications thread, I've got about a 3.5 or 3.6 after my freshman year.