Tulane

Riotbeard

I have been offered a funded spot at Tulane's PhD program. Wondering if anybody else had heard from them? I am also considering South Carolina (have also been offered funding), and I am waiting to hear from WashU, Georgia, and Maryland! I work on antebellum Southern politics, racial science, etc... If anybody else has been accepted and considering going, it would be cool to see what people are into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I got all excited that this would be some news but the first post is from last year. Haven't heard anything myself but it has to be getting close!

Whoops! Completely missed that this was from last year. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up.

Good luck everybody. If I remember correctly from last year letters get sent out pretty late in March since the app. deadline is pretty late. We haven't had anybody visit campus or anything, so I would guess they haven't contact people yet. Plus we were just on Mardi Gras break.

That is kind of good to know. I have another offer, I have turned down two others. I am just waiting to hear from Tulane and one other school. Not a bad problem to have overall.

B

I am just talking about the history program. I have no idea where other departments are in the process. sorry...

Welp, it looks like our time has come! First notification from Tulane (albeit unofficial). Anybody claiming it? Congrats nonetheless.

Or not. I guess my eyes skipped the "studies" and "art" part and just put Latin American History together. SIGH! I guess I don't have to start worrying quite yet.

Back to waiting.

Edited by Kelkel

This thread seems to be cursed with a worryingly comic amount of misreading. First I resurrect a 2010 thread, then a confused psychologist, and then a misreading of Latin American Studies.

I sincerely hope the Tulane admissions committee isn't reading this thread; they'll think we're all mad.

I'm still waiting on Tulane, too - but for a program in their School of Architecture. When I submitted my application, the form says that "all applicants will receive notification of their status on March 10, when our admissions cycle is officially over." So March 10 came and went...and then I saw something on their website that suggested March 15th would be the date of notification. I finally called them on March 16th to ask if there was simply a general delay and was told, "oh yes, it's been delayed til March 21st." I felt better, but as March 21st has come and gone and so has the 22nd for the most part....come on, Tulane! Let us know, already :)

...anyone else just feeling a bit impatient about the whole process by now? I'm nervous, but I'd reaaaallly like to know - and would really love some good news, of course...

I'm still waiting on Tulane, too - but for a program in their School of Architecture. When I submitted my application, the form says that "all applicants will receive notification of their status on March 10, when our admissions cycle is officially over." So March 10 came and went...and then I saw something on their website that suggested March 15th would be the date of notification. I finally called them on March 16th to ask if there was simply a general delay and was told, "oh yes, it's been delayed til March 21st." I felt better, but as March 21st has come and gone and so has the 22nd for the most part....come on, Tulane! Let us know, already :)

...anyone else just feeling a bit impatient about the whole process by now? I'm nervous, but I'd reaaaallly like to know - and would really love some good news, of course...

Oh yes, I want to hear from them so bad and have it be good news. I need good news!

The email I received basically said that I'd SHOULD hear back end of March early April, but if I don't here at all that doesn't mean that I'm rejected. The results page show people getting accepted well after April 15th.

I'm completely impatient at this point. I just want to plan out my future before I graduate!! Good luck to you though. Let us know if you hear!!

Oh yes, I want to hear from them so bad and have it be good news. I need good news!

The email I received basically said that I'd SHOULD hear back end of March early April, but if I don't here at all that doesn't mean that I'm rejected. The results page show people getting accepted well after April 15th.

I'm completely impatient at this point. I just want to plan out my future before I graduate!! Good luck to you though. Let us know if you hear!!

What program are you applying into? I just checked my e-mail now, nothing still - argh! I will hope and pray for good news for you, too...may call them this afternoon again just to see where they're at and see if I can get a "when can I reasonably expect a response" date + time. Good luck + good wishes! :)

What program are you applying into? I just checked my e-mail now, nothing still - argh! I will hope and pray for good news for you, too...may call them this afternoon again just to see where they're at and see if I can get a "when can I reasonably expect a response" date + time. Good luck + good wishes! :)

History! Taking their sweet time, I guess.

History! Taking their sweet time, I guess.

Awesome! Good luck!

I actually did get a generic rejection e-mail yesterday saying they had a record number of applicants, very competitive, blah blah...I'm slightly surprised but in my case I did not submit what they had said was an optional portfolio, so I'm considering asking them to look at it again along with a portfolio submission....I had a 3.85 undergrad GPA, decent GRE (1280), a thoughtful essay, etc...none of my recommendation writers were Tulane-affiliated though too, so I wonder if that hurt me a bit. I asked if I could still attend the grad open house for info and they were cool with that, though...we'll see...

In any case for you, whatever happens, don't give up or feel bad. But I hope you have good news...they may just be slow! Keep those spirits up and don't be afraid to ask questions, I think the people there are very nice.

Edited by mariehelena

Awesome! Good luck!

I actually did get a generic rejection e-mail yesterday saying they had a record number of applicants, very competitive, blah blah...I'm slightly surprised but in my case I did not submit what they had said was an optional portfolio, so I'm considering asking them to look at it again along with a portfolio submission....I had a 3.85 undergrad GPA, decent GRE (1280), a thoughtful essay, etc...none of my recommendation writers were Tulane-affiliated though too, so I wonder if that hurt me a bit. I asked if I could still attend the grad open house for info and they were cool with that, though...we'll see...

In any case for you, whatever happens, don't give up or feel bad. But I hope you have good news...they may just be slow! Keep those spirits up and don't be afraid to ask questions, I think the people there are very nice.

Looks like we are all in the same boat. I have yet to hear anything as well. :-(

I hope they hurry it up!