Can the people who got into Stanford MSCS this year share their profile?

iwotic

It seems like the Stanford Masters program is also extremely competitive this year, from the profile of the people who got rejected and posted on the "Results Search" section.

For example:

1) Everyone said don't worry I'd get in.. what am I going to do know? 3.91 800/600 2 internships at MS

2) I have off the wall stats, come from a top 5 inst. how could this have happened? GPA 3.92 GRE 800/720/5.0 with 3 internships Apple, eBay, and Amazon and 2 yrs of research, but no papers published

3) What more could I have done? I gave it my all and that wasn't good enough. Stanford you will miss me, I guarantee it! 3.88 GPA 800/670/4.5, 3 good letter of recs, 2 internships at research labs at UCB

4) Top 15 school - 3.9 800/590/5.0 and I didn't get in, was it really that hard this year? I guess I'll apply again next year... worked so hard these 4 years to get into Stanford =(

5) I can't believe I didn't get in ='( Stanford was my dream school.. I had 1 journal entry and 3 top notch recs plus 2 internships at MS and Facebook

I knew that Stanford CS Masters program is hard, but never thought that it is this hard. Can the people who got in this year share their profile?

Uh I had a GPA ~3.9 (give or take after conversion from a 9.0 system), GRE < 1200, 1 published paper, lots of work experience, and a prominent external fellowship.

I feel kinda bad after seeing all these rejections - I mostly applied to see if I could; I wasn't able to afford it anyway. I'm off to Berkeley which seems a bit cheaper.

I applied to Stanford PhD, they offered me MSCS without funding. I've a principle of not taking unfunded offer so I'm not going to take it. Besides, fortunately I already have other offers.

Stats: International, 3.3 overall 3.5 major GPA, 800/570/4 GRE (the least important stat I think), 2 publications with 1 of them as a first author in the best conference in my field. As you can see from the stats it's clear that my research credential is the factor that got me in. Anyway, don't feel bad for yourself. Way too many people applied to Stanford (or other top 10 programs, for that matter) so it's always a crapshoot. I hope you applied to other top 10 programs. I honestly believe they're just as good, so don't worry about not getting accepted to Stanford.

• 2 weeks later...

Am in the same boat as expolorer-c: Ph.D candidate turned MSCS. International currently working in the US, double major Engineering and Linguistics, 3.73 GPA, GRE not too stellar, but a fair amount of research and senior design projects. Hopefully my one year of work can pay some of Stanford's tuition!

Edited by truediarist