any of you reapplying?

summertouch

Now that it's near the end of March...I'm wondering if anyone else out there is planning on reapplying?

Right now, I'm considering various options and reapplying for next year is definitely one of them. I feel I learned a lot through last year's application process especially about my weaknesses. (Language and research fit!) If I do decide to reapply, I realize that I only have about 6-7months to beef up my application. I think I'll use that time to work on my language, try to publish an article, find more schools/potential advisors, and of course, polish my thesis to send out as a WS. I wasn't able to send my thesis this time and ended up sending something that is not quite related to my field, which in retrospect did not seem to have played in favor of me. But at the same time, I'm not sure how much I could improve my application in a year..

I don't want to make an excuse here but when I contacted POIs about my application this year, I was told that this year was one of the toughest years with the strongest applicants ever - I don't see the economy getting any better in the near future so the situation will not be drastically different from this year.

So for those of you who are still willing to reapply...what are you guys going to work on to improve your chances and for those of you who are starting this Fall, any advices???

Now that it's near the end of March...I'm wondering if anyone else out there is planning on reapplying?

Right now, I'm considering various options and reapplying for next year is definitely one of them. I feel I learned a lot through last year's application process especially about my weaknesses. (Language and research fit!) If I do decide to reapply, I realize that I only have about 6-7months to beef up my application. I think I'll use that time to work on my language, try to publish an article, find more schools/potential advisors, and of course, polish my thesis to send out as a WS. I wasn't able to send my thesis this time and ended up sending something that is not quite related to my field, which in retrospect did not seem to have played in favor of me. But at the same time, I'm not sure how much I could improve my application in a year..

I don't want to make an excuse here but when I contacted POIs about my application this year, I was told that this year was one of the toughest years with the strongest applicants ever - I don't see the economy getting any better in the near future so the situation will not be drastically different from this year.

So for those of you who are still willing to reapply...what are you guys going to work on to improve your chances and for those of you who are starting this Fall, any advices???

+1

I got an AD of MA program from University of Oregon, but not satisfied with it. Since I am only a BA. Maybe I would apply for more MAs next time.

+1

I got an AD of MA program from University of Oregon, but not satisfied with it. Since I am only a BA. Maybe I would apply for more MAs next time.

hi automnsai, just out of curiosity, what's your specialty? did u only apply to MAs?