How Long to find out about Funding?

Infinite glitter

I was accepted at the beginning of the month. I received notification of my advisor- she said she would be in touch at the end of the month. So my question is how long does it normally take to get funding notification? I have 10+  teaching experience, I thought for sure I'd be an ideal candidate for a teaching GA-ship.I put in my FAFSA- and the loan amount won't even cover all the school expenses. Adding that I also need to find a place to live and have 2 kids- I'm getting nervous.  I'm sure I could defer my admission for Fall if they can't offer funding this semester and find a way to get back on the teaching schedule at my  current job- if I had to.

Maybe I just need a few deep breaths- it's not the end of the month yet right? Right?

If they said the end of the month, yes, it is best to wait patiently until then. 

Beyond that, it really depends on how things work at your specific university. There are no general rules about this. 

Some additional context on the program you are taking and the university that you will be at, if you are willing to share, would also make it easier to answer your question. It does make sense to be concerned about sources and reliability of funding.  I would be skeptical of starting the program without some guarantees about this. It might be helpful to talk to some students currently in the program or the administrator in the program about details as they may have a stronger idea of how things work than your advisor. 

I applied to a small program for Education PhD. I’ve scoured this forum and the university has few posts and in my discipline there are none. I know most of their parents PhD students go part time and are working professionals. (During informal meetings they said they were excited about a Full time candidate with a math background) I’m not sure how to even find other students  

im actually a little more at ease knowing there are no formal rules. 

6 hours ago, Infinite glitter said:

I’m not sure how to even find other students  

If you want, you could ask your advisor, the graduate program or department chair, or the administrators in the program to put you in contact with other students in the program.