No word on funding, STILL

wally

I have been accepted to two PhD in programs: Maryland and Temple. However, I haven't heard anything about funding. At this point are schools still figuring out who gets TAships? Is anyone else in this position? I have inquired to the DGS in both places and have gotten the response, "when I hear anything regarding funding, I'll let you know." I wish they would be more upfront if there is a wait list for funding or whatever is the issue...

I know that not everyone accepted to Maryland is getting funding. My boyfriend got nothing! I wish you better luck.

Sorry to hear that. It is truly heart wrenching to find you are accepted, then no funding. How did he find out he didn't receive funding, if I may ask?

Sorry to hear that. It is truly heart wrenching to find you are accepted, then no funding. How did he find out he didn't receive funding, if I may ask?

He just emailed the secretary. It's worked out, we both got funding from OSU. But still, from what I gathered from UMD's site was that they try to fund everyone. Oh well.

He just emailed the secretary. It's worked out, we both got funding from OSU. But still, from what I gathered from UMD's site was that they try to fund everyone. Oh well.

Well, congrats with getting a match! That is awesome. My husband and I are trying to do the same with Maryland... I just emailed the DGS again. Thanks for the info! Yeah, UMD's website seems to imply that every PhD student gets funded.