What is a reasonable time to consider accepting/rejecting offers for spring admission?

Guest ketodietman

Guest ketodietman

So , I have 4 Ph.D offers in my hand, all of which came around the same time a little less than two weeks ago.

I am leaning toward UMD, but I just want a wee bit time to compare NCSU and UMD. I just need how much exactly UMD will help cover me for the first semester so that I can officially accept the offer and proceed to take care of financial certification. I got accepted to Stevens and BAMA, but I don't think I will accept those offers. 

I know that for fall admissions, April 15th is the last date to respond to offers for EVERY graduate school, but for spring, I haven't seen such rule. What is a reasonable time to take to consider my offer? Do you think I should respond as soon as possible, like within 3 days from now? BAMA told me to respond until this Wednesday(exactly 2 weeks from the decision, which I think is a little tight).

Edited by ketodietman

Small note here:
The April 15 resolution applies to accepting a funded offer for the fall semester; it isn't a date whch you have to respond to all grad schools by. There are also some colleges that are not part of the April 15 resolution.

Did any of the schools ask for a specific date to respond to them by? The deadline for Spring often varies by the program because very few universities offer spring admission. If you're certain that you aren't going to accept a school's offer, it's best to turn down their offer as soon as you're sure. 

Guest ketodietman

None except U Alabama. But I am assuming that I have to respond asap. I am very close to accepting an offer from UMD, just need a little more info.